Jackson Farming Company knows that food safety is an important part of growing, packing, selling and shipping produce. Everyone should feel secure in the knowledge that what they are eating is safe. At JFC we are doing our part in being proactive on the food safety front. We have been USDA GAP certified yearly since 2005. In 2011 we went a step further and added GLOBAL G.A.P. Certification for all of our products.
- We run our harvested melons through a selectrocide/chlorine spray wash. Please visit the following link to view the products and company we use to provide us with CS-223 (soap) and Selectrocide 12G (disinfectant). http://highcor.com/products/fresh
- Our wash lines are tested daily for ATP (organic matter), prior to running the line.
- Our cooling area is tested weekly for Listeria.
- All of our harvesting equipment is sanitized by passing through a chlorine wash prior to returning to the field.
- All of the trucks hauling our product to market are inspected prior to loading.
- All of our workers are trained in Good Hygiene when they arrive and they receive additional follow up training during the time they are here.
- We use a combination of Foodlogiq and Famous to track where our product was harvested, on what day and where it is sold to. This path provides an exact method to trace exactly where the product was grown, when shipped, and to whom it was sold to. Click here to view Foodlogiq's website.
See the video below that food logiq has for JFC